Allergan supports numerous professional, patient, caregiver, consumer and policy organizations that share our goal of advancing healthcare for all. We strive to support programs and initiatives that improve patients' quality of life. Allergan provides funding to support healthcare community programs that relate to the therapies, disease states, or other public health topics in the therapeutic categories of our products and research.
Our Alliance Advocacy Department considers support requests for therapeutically-aligned non-profit organizations in four categories:
- Awareness & Advocacy: Support for development of educational materials and resources geared toward healthcare providers, patients, caregivers, policy decision makers, and the public at large that are designed to expand disease-state awareness and increase knowledge of treatment options and access to appropriate care
- Corporate Membership: Membership to a healthcare provider association, patient advocacy group, or policy coalition that offers an industry advisory council or forum
- Fundraiser: National organization gala, walk, or other fundraising event
- Non-Medical Education Meeting: Support for non-medical education programs/events for healthcare providers, patients, caregivers, policy decision makers, and the public-at-large that are designed to expand disease-state awareness and increase knowledge of treatment options and access to appropriate care
Non-profit organizations that are not therapeutically-aligned may have support requests considered in the following category:
- Charitable Donation: Support for a non-profit organization that is not eligible for consideration by The Allergan Foundation