Corporate Research Collaborations
While most of our discovery and development programs are developed internally - making Allergan quite unique in the industry - we are continuously looking for partnerships and superior technology that complement our business model. Some of our current collaborations include:
An exclusive licensing agreement with Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusho Co., Ltd. (Sanwa) to develop and commercialize
POSURDEX® for the ophthalmic specialty market in Japan.
POSURDEX® is a form of dexamethasone, which can be delivered in a bioerodable implant for macular edema and retinal vein occlusion.
- A multi-year alliance with Sirna Therapeutics, Inc. to develop Sirna-027, a novel RNAi-based therapeutic currently in clinical trials for age-related macular degeneration and to discover and develop other novel RNAi-based therapeutics against select gene targets for ophthalmic diseases.
- A license with Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop and commercialize Prolacria™ (diquafosol tetrasodium ophthalmic solution 2%), that Inspire is investigating for the treatment of dry eye.
- A strategic research collaboration and license agreement with ExonHit Therapeutics to identify new molecular targets based on ExonHit Therapeutics' gene profiling DATAS™ technology and to work collaboratively on the development of unique compounds and commercial products based on these targets.
- An exclusive worldwide alliance with ACADIA Pharmaceuticals for the discovery of alpha adrenergic drug candidates for treatments in ophthalmology and pain.
An exclusive licensing agreement with Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. to develop and commercialize ALPHAGAN® and ALPHAGAN® P for the ophthalmic specialty market in Japan.
An exclusive licensing agreement with Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. to develop and commercialize LUMIGAN® for the ophthalmic specialty market in Japan.
- An arrangement with Stiefel Laboratories, Inc. where Stiefel will develop, manufacture, distribute and promote dermatological products containing Allergan’s innovative tazarotene compound.